Backend Engineer - Ruby on Rails (f/m/d)
Are you interested in shaping the future of mobility? Then come join us! At ioki we work towards mobility concepts that serve as a supplement to public transport, such as mobility analytics, autonomous driving and especially, demand responsive transportation services. We combine innovative and existing concepts to connect people and restore lost living space. With decades of experience provided by our parent company Deutsche Bahn and openness of an agile start-up, we are unique as ioki. Fascinated by the developments in the mobility industry? Then we should definitely meet! We at ioki are currently looking for a Backend Software Developer Ruby on Rails (f/m/d) for our office in Frankfurt am Main.
Mobile working is very important at ioki. With us, you have the opportunity to do most of your work remotely. Thanks to numerous digital tools and state-of-the-art IT equipment, you can work from anywhere in Germany.
- You are part of our Rails Core Team, developing features in the team according to our backlog and in collaboration with the different stakeholders within our Scrum process
- You take responsibility for your code, the codebase as such and the team processes
- You develop with Ruby on Rails against a Postgres/PostGIS database
- You use Sidekiq/Redis to keep the application fast and modular, know how to architecturally push code into the background
- You optimise existing code, keep an eye on bug trackers, exception monitoring and our performance monitoring systems
- You identify procedural and technical problems and help to continuously improve the development process and the software platform
- You have a degree in (business) informatics or a comparable qualification
- You have experience developing with Ruby on Rails and enjoy backend development
- You have an independent, goal- and result-oriented way of working and are willing to take responsibility with high demands on the quality of your own work
- You are communicative, like to take the initiative, take responsibility for your work and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others
- You are interested in the future of mobility, especially smart mobility solutions, such as, on-demand mobility, ridesharing and autonomous driving
- You are fluent in German and English
This is what you can expect from us
- A healthy work-life balance, diversity, a hands-on-mentality and agile work are not only a major part of our culture recorded in writing, but we also gladly live by.
- In addition to fair payment, we offer many social and fringe benefits: a job ticket, driving concessions in local and long-distance transport, company pension, company bike, sports and health offers, affordable holiday- and leisure activity offers and much more.
- We invest in your personal development: every year you have a fixed training budget at your disposal.
- We provide you with an experienced agile coach who offers you agile coaching adapted to your individual needs.
- With flexible working hours, home office days and choice of your software and hardware accordingly to the ioki standard, you are free to fully customize your working space.
- Our modern office is located in the heart of Frankfurt and therefore easily accessible.
- Working with us means meeting an absolutely dedicated and interdisciplinary team.
- Of course, coffee, tea, fresh fruits and even a candy bar are free for all of our employees to enjoy.
Find out more about the ioki Devs and an overview of our Tech Stack in this podcast (German only).