Senior Backend Engineer – TypeScript (f/m/d)
Do you have a drive to be part of creating the future of mobility? At
ioki, we aim to create mobility solutions that complement public
transportation, including demand responsive transportation services,
mobility analytics, and autonomous driving.
We blend innovative and conventional approaches to bring people together.
With the benefits of a large corporation and the nimbleness of a startup, ioki is truly unique.
you excited by the progress being made in the mobility sector and eager
to contribute to it within a highly agile software development team
using best practices and cutting-edge tools?
We are looking for you as a (Senior) Backend Engineer (f/m/d)!
Mobile working is very important at ioki. With us, you have the opportunity to do most of your work remotely.
Thanks to numerous digital tools and state-of-the-art IT equipment, you can work from anywhere in Germany.
- You are part of an interdisciplinary product team that develops an innovative web application for the mobility market of tomorrow
- You work closely with your team to deliver the best possible product for our customers
- You discuss, plan, implement and test features - from data sourcing to (geo)algorithms
- You continuously deliver new features into production and make sure nothing goes wrong there
- You make technical decisions regarding architecture and implementation details together with your team
- You maintain and improve software development standards, tools and processes
- You enjoy and have experience in the creation, maintenance and further development of complex web applications
- You have profound knowledge in Node.JS, TypeScript and Postgres
- You have experience with creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and common tools like GitLab CI and Docker
- A degree in the STEM field (mathematics, computer science, engineering, and technology), a comparable professional qualification or proven track of experience
- You write high-quality, well-tested code and want to develop a maintainable, stable, and tested system
- You have a product-focused mindset and enjoy experimenting to find innovative solutions to specific customer needs
- You are a communicative team player who is comfortable in an agile work environment and enjoys sharing your knowledge with others
- You take responsibility for your work and build sustainable solutions that last for the long term
- You have fluent knowledge of English
- Experience in the field of (public) transport, routing, map-based applications
- Experience with storing, processing and handling large amounts of data
- Python knowledge
- Agile Framework: Scrum (and a bit of Kanban)
- Framework: NextJS
- Database: PostgreSQL, PostGIS
- Frontend: React, MaterialUI
- API-Library: TRPC
- Versioning, CI/CD: GitLab
This is what you can expect from us
healthy work-life balance, diversity, a hands-on-mentality and agile
work are not only a major part of our culture recorded in writing, but
we also gladly live by
- We at ioki highly value the well-being of our employees, which is why we place a strong emphasis on remote work options, allowing you to work with peace of mind and enjoy the flexibility and space you need
- In addition to fair payment, we offer
many social and fringe benefits: a job ticket, driving concessions in
local and long-distance transport, company pension, company bike, sports
and health offers, affordable holiday- and leisure activity offers and
- We invest in your personal development: every year you have a fixed training budget at your disposal
- We provide you with an experienced agile coach who offers you agile coaching adapted to your individual needs
flexible working hours, home office days and choice of your software
and hardware accordingly to the ioki standard, you are free to fully
customize your working space
- Our modern office is located in the heart of Frankfurt and therefore easily accessible
- Working with us means meeting an absolutely dedicated and interdisciplinary team
- Of course, coffee, tea, fresh fruits and even a candy bar are free for all of our employees to enjoy
WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR CULTURE AND HIRING PROCESS?