UX / UI Designer for SaaS Web-Platform (f/m/d)
With the strength of the Deutsche Bahn Group behind us and all the possibilities of an agile startup at the same time, we are unique as ioki. In a team from a total of 15 different nations, we work together every day on the future of mobility: on developing sustainable mobility concepts as a mobility-as-a-service provider for third parties and making public mobility flexibly and inclusively accessible for everyone everywhere.
ABOUT YOUR TEAM
Our Mobility Intelligence Platform Team is an interdisciplinary, self-sufficient product team developing a new, innovative web application for the mobility market of tomorrow. The core is the data- and user-centered analysis and simulation of existing and future mobility offers with the goal to make public mobility in rural as well as urban areas more available, attractive and / or efficient.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a UX / UI Designer* (m/f/d) you are responsible for the User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design of our B2B / B2G web analytics platform. Together with the team you will work on delivering the best possible product for our customers. In doing so, you will ensure that all aspects of the digital user experience are optimized for usability, practicality, and exceptional visual design.
- You are part of an interdisciplinary team developing a new, innovative software product for the mobility market of tomorrow
- You are responsible for the User Centered Design process and help us identify, specify and address our users' problems through innovative and creative design solutions
- You design the user experience using design tools such as sketches, user flows, wireframes and interactive prototypes
- You create UI elements and layouts, style guides, graphics, icons and other assets for an appealing and clear user interface
- You iterate and improve the concepts through different test methods in exchange with colleagues and customers
- You work closely with the development team to provide them with optimal support in the implementation of the designs and concepts
- You design new features together with the product management, create first MVPs and validate their potential with customers and colleagues
- You'll do all of this in close collaboration with our existing UX design community
WHAT YOU BRING WITH YOU
- You have fun and experience in the user-centered conception and design of interactive web applications and have at least two years of relevant professional experience in the field of UX / UI web design
- You are familiar with common UX and UI software (we use Sketch, ProtoPie, Overflow, and Abstract, among others) and quickly learn new software tools and methodologies
- You have completed training / studies with a focus on information / interaction design or a comparable field and have already gained professional experience.
- Your portfolio speaks to you, your talent for UX design, your meticulous approach to work, and your understanding of UX design as a problem-solving process
- You have your ear to the market and trends; you are familiar with the current technical possibilities and restrictions on the web
- You are a communicative and open personality and want to use your skills in a new team
- As part of the team responsible for the UX of the application, you see yourself as an advocate for the user and ensure consistent user-centric development in all steps
- You have a very good command of written and spoken German and English
- Experience in the design and visualization of map-based applications
- First experience in frontend web development
OUR CURRENT TOOLSET
- UX-Design: ProtoPie, Overflow
- UI-Design: Sketch
- Versioning: Abstract, GitLab
- Design Language: MaterialUI
THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- A healthy work-life balance, diversity, a hands-on mentality and agile working are not only emphasized in our culture, but also actively practiced
- In addition to fair pay, we offer you many social and fringe benefits: Job ticket, travel discounts on local and long-distance Deutsche Bahn trains, company pension plan, company bike, sports and health offers, low-cost vacation and leisure activities, and much more
- We invest in your personal development: Every year, you have a fixed training budget, including training days
- We provide you with an experienced agile coach who offers you agile coaching tailored to your individual needs
- Through flexible working hours, home office days and the choice of your software and hardware according to the ioki standard (self-managed MacOS or Linux setup), you can adapt your working environment to your needs
- Our modern office is located in the heart of Frankfurt am Main and is therefore very easy to reach
- Free coffee, drinks and fruit are a matter of course with us
Find out more about the ioki Devs and an overview of our Tech Stack in this podcast (German only).