Senior Backend Engineer - Ruby on Rails (f/m/d)
Are you interested in shaping the future of mobility? Then come join us! At ioki we work towards mobility concepts that serve as a supplement to public transport, such as mobility analytics, autonomous driving and especially, demand responsive transportation services. We combine innovative and existing concepts to connect people and restore lost living space. With decades of experience provided by our parent company Deutsche Bahn and openness of an agile start-up, we are unique as ioki. Fascinated by the developments in the mobility industry?
We are looking for you as a Senior Backend Engineer - Ruby on Rails (f/m/d)!
Mobile working is very important at ioki. With us, you have the opportunity to do most of your work remotely.
Thanks to numerous digital tools and state-of-the-art IT equipment, you can work from anywhere in Germany.
- Discuss, plan, write, test and deploy features – from the database up to the API serializers
- Be part of a self-sufficient SCRUM team and work closely together with the platform developers
- Develop new features together with product managers, project managers and customers
- Collaborate with other teams across ioki to deliver the best possible product for customers and passengers
- Uphold and improve software development standards, tooling and processes
- A MINT (Mathematics, Informatics, Natural Science, Technology) master, diploma or similar degree is not a must, but highly recommended
- You enjoy and have experience in building, maintaining and evolving web applications. You know how to use your Tooling (Esp. git and Ruby)
- You have strong opinions on your text editor and your Mac or Linux environment. Because you will use your own setup and are expected to mostly help yourself.
- You deliver high-quality work and want to build a maintainable and stable system
- You have the ability and willingness to learn quickly and in a self-guided way
- We care that you have general software engineering skills, high standards and take pride in your work.
- You enjoy working with multiple people on the same codebase, know what that takes and are open to sharing and improving our work together
- You want to take responsibility of your work and build sustainable solutions that stand the test of time
- You have fluent communication skills in German and English
This is what you can expect from us
- A healthy work-life balance, diversity, a hands-on-mentality and agile work are not only a major part of our culture recorded in writing, but we also gladly live by
- We at ioki highly value the well-being of our employees, which is why we place a strong emphasis on remote work options, allowing you to work with peace of mind and enjoy the flexibility and space you need
- In addition to fair payment, we offer many social and fringe benefits: a job ticket, driving concessions in local and long-distance transport, company pension, company bike, sports and health offers, affordable holiday- and leisure activity offers and much more
- We invest in your personal development: every year you have a fixed training budget at your disposal
- We provide you with an experienced agile coach who offers you agile coaching adapted to your individual needs
- With flexible working hours, home office days and choice of your software and hardware accordingly to the ioki standard, you are free to fully customize your working space
- Our modern office is located in the heart of Frankfurt and therefore easily accessible
- Working with us means meeting an absolutely dedicated and interdisciplinary team
- Of course, coffee, tea, fresh fruits and even a candy bar are free for all of our employees to enjoy
Find out more about the ioki Devs and an overview of our Tech Stack in this podcast (German only).